Mom’s notes: I love that my son likes to journal. Here is a fun one he shared with me. With his permission, he allowed me to post it on my blog site. Please enjoy these words of wisdom on becoming a man from the perspective of an 11 year old.
by Guest Blogger, Gavin (my son)
- When you are like me, there is some stuff to know, okay? So, some people say I’m going through puberty which is kind of weird, but, we gotta go through it sometime! LOL!
- So, first thing’s first. Sexy time. So you are probably asking yourself, “Do I like boobs?” Well, okay then, but, you must really focus on her personality and brains. Look, if you’re 11 years old and up, you’re probably like me. I focus on if she’s nice and smart and stuff, and, trust me, this is really harder than it looks to get a girlfriend. Also, I like to help my brother get a girlfriend and, of course, he likes someone, but, I can’t make fun of him because I’ve been crushing on girls since kindergarten.
- Put deodorant on after exercising because you start developing odors.
- When you get hairy, don’t freak out, be happy, because you’re manly now! Just remember to be yourself. Don’t let anyone pull you back from your goal.
- Exercise a lot so you are not out of shape like my friend.
- Also, don’t shave so much unless you’re a GIRL!
These are tips from a PROMAN *ahem* (Gavin)